This module displays the number of guests including Simulated (additional) Visitors and logged-in users.
- Last update
- Fri, 20 Aug 2021
- 1'st release
- Sat, 4 Jan 2014
- JED page
- ext...org /...-is-online
- Number of additional simulated visitors
- "Visitors by Day as percent" and "Visitors by Hour as percent" custom options
- All features of Joomla core module "Who's Online"
- Some resource hungry Joomla core functions (for example getOnlineCount helper function) have been improved. (paid version only)
- Smooth changes between two days. (paid version only)
- Component based "Specific Days" special parameter. (paid version only)
- User name choice: name or username. (paid version only)
1.0.0. 2014-01-04. Initial version.
Configure then test, then configure, then test it again.
If you set it to "yes", the module shows "visitor count" as "actual number + simulated (additional) number".
This value is the expected number of all simulated or additional visitors in one week.
Don't set this value too high. Please visit your visitor statistics before set this parameter.
Visitors by Day as percent and Visitors by Hour as percent
Visitor count depends from time (day of week and hour of day). You can take these percentages from your visitor statistics on your web server.
Sum of percentages must equal 100%.
The module in demo site working under "Weekly visitors=10'000" option.
We recommend you "JExtBOX Content Hits Simulator" plugin.
The visit is changed in some day suddenly. For example, national celebration, Christmas Day etc. Paid version of this extension has a solution of this problem. This is a parameter was named "Specific Days". It has five choices:
- Specific day, such as 1982-2-5. Format is YYYY-MM-DD
- Day of every month in the specific year, such as 1982-MM-5
- Day of every month, such as YYYY-MM-5
- *th day of the specific week, such as W42-D7 (Sunday of the 42nd week of the current year)
- *th day of the *th week of the specific month, such as M01-W1-D7 (Sunday of the first week of the first month of the current year)
The most recent version of the extension is supported. Thus please check for which version of the extension you are using right now.
Also we recommend you to use the current release of Joomla because of the extension is developed and tested with the current and development versions of Joomla.
JExtBOX Who is Online is the Joomla extension.
Copyright (©) 2014 - 2021 Galaa
JExtBOX Who is Online is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
JExtBOX Who is Online is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see www.gnu.org/licenses.